Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I inverted!!!!!

Three and a half months ahead of my scheduled goal, I INVERTED!!  Maybe not a good one.  But I went upside-down on the pole and did not fall on my head!!!

In fact, every single person in class last night inverted!!  That was the first time for more than one of us! 

There was a lot wrong with my invert.  My hands weren't quite in the right place (PROTECT YOUR COOTER!!!) and my legs weren't really gripping.  I was only staying up because I had the death grip on the pole with my hands.  But it was an awesome first try.  And I didn't die. 

I feel like the only place to go from here is UP.  Quite literally.  And I'm super excited to have started 2011 off right...by already meeting one of my goals.

Thank you to Bel, Daisy, Edna, Andrea, Rita, Mandy and Gina for supporting me last night!  That was so awesome!





This last photo is a failed attempt at a cross-ankle release and back bend.  But it was a start!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again Lori for your awesome accomplishment!! I can't believe how ahead of schedule you were with that invert! 3.5 months early is definitely something to smile about & you're right, the only place to go from here is UP! I think accomplishing your very 1st invert, no matter how ugly it may be, is half the battle. Once you get over those nerves and realize that you are capable of being upside down without dying, you will have the guts to try & try again! Up, Up & Away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thank you so much for being so supportive and funny. You make my day!!

    ReplyDelete