Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Next Pole Goal: THE BACKBEND

So, as I've said many, many times, I'm not very bendy in certain directions.  For example, I can completely fold in half if I'm bending forward, but my spine barely moves if I try to go backwards.  So, I've decided to make the backbend one of my pole goals.  I'm actually using a lot of yoga techniques to get myself there (here's another article about yoga).  Since I do so much hunching forward:  typing on the computer, spinning on a bike, etc., walking is painful because, as my physical therapist says, that's the closest my spine comes to bending backward. 

So I am trying to be more cognizant of my posture and spend a little time doing moves that cause me to bend backward.  And eventually I WILL do a backbend!









From Pilates on the Pole's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment