Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Re-committing to pole dancing

Last night I was at Twirly Girls.  Bel was asking us to put together short strings of moves.  A twirl, a sway, a transition...Two twirls, three transitions...etc.  

Deer in headlights.

It's like I had never pole danced before.  I forgot all the moves and their names.  I felt clumsy and stupid.  I have been doing this for almost two years.  I am just being silly at this point. 

I have been SO excited and passionate about pole dancing lately but I realized I've been passionate about WATCHING other people pole dance.  I am dealing with weight gain and feeling slow and fat and unsexy.  

Bel gave us homework...to go through our different levels and put together a routine she can call out for the entire class to do next week.  I'm really excited about it and I'm re-committed to being a dancer and getting stronger.  I am great at being silly and half-assing moves.  I want to be great at doing the moves the way they're supposed to be done.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Trust me you were not the only one who looked at me like I asked them for their life savings...hahah...again...its just for fun..but also to help you guys remember the names of moves and also to start creating and sharing what are your favorite moves...you are so much better than you think you are, and I've seen you improve so much! I remember when doing the chair was something you said you could never do......well....Never needs to put away in the stuido.... :)))) Now back to homework... :))

    ReplyDelete