Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Power of Pole: Meet Jeannette!

I have been chatting with Jeannette in our Facebook group, Pole Dancers Unite.  She is so encouraging and I am happy to have her as a pole sister (and it's cool that she also shares a name with my mom)!  Please also check out the post I did about the studio where she dances, ETED!

How long have you been pole dancing?
I have been poling since 2005...when Mary Ellyn Weissman walked into my office (I also work for their accounting/finance company) and said that she needed one more warm body for class...Been hooked ever since!

What first drew you to try it?
Mary Ellyn had talked to me about it and her interest in opening a school. Me having a long love affair with just dancing period,...told her that if and when she did I would certainly be interested in trying it.

Where do you take classes?
I take and, as of 2008, teach at Empowerment Through Exotic Dance in Chicago, IL.

Do you have a pole at home?
ABSO-LUCKIN-FUTELY!!!!

How often do you pole?
I teach two classes per week and make a point of practicing at home at least one other night a week. I also take and/or teach any of our extra weekend classes when possible.

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole?
Do you have a moment... Monday nights I do aerobics, Tues. nights I teach, Wednesday nights I do Kickboxing...Mon-Fri I do Zumba in the mornings and on Saturday mornings (if not teaching pole) I do Step Aerobics. Sunday is LITERALLY A Day of Rest!!!

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot?
Barefoot, although I do like dancing in shoes...helps me slow down my dance!

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days?
Johnsons & Johnsons Bedtime baby lotion- Lilac!!! Excellent for poling...and PLEASE LADIES...make sure to take your time completely rubbing in your lotion...it won't take as much to put on and won't leave as much of a residue!

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?
GRRRRIIIPPP...(did I spell it right? LOL) I put it on before and during and also apply it to my pole if I'm the only one using it.

Where do you buy your pole clothes?
Mary Ellyn is actually a wholesale rep for some pole clothing manufacturers...so I go through her...Being a woman with real curves...I would like to see more pole clothing lines that cater to us.

What is your favorite song to dance to right now?

I change my mood every single day. I dance to everything...Heck I just did a performance for a local studio's grand opening and dance to a country song (George Straight!) I have a Latin flair to my dancing...so I add it to every genre.

How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life?
Its therapeutic. It has opened my mind from being a girl that says "Oh I won't ever be able to do that!"...to a woman that believes she can do ANYTHING she puts her mind to...I even run now!

And if that positive way of thinking, aides me in just being a positive influence to just one other woman...now that would be the greatest gift of all!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment