Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Power of Pole: Meet Pauline!

Here is another TALL pole sister from our united group.  :-)  This is Pauline!

How long have you been pole dancing? 
I started in June 2010 at the age of 48

What first drew you to try it? 
My Daughter said she had a surprise for me one day and in my family room she had put up an xpole, my reaction to that was. " You seriously do not expect me to get on that do you?" Then she showed me some you tube videos on Veena Poledancer and I was hooked I so wanted to do some of those tricks Veena was doing.

Where do you take classes? 
I had 8 weeks of beginner pole in Adelaide South Australia and after that I subscribed to StudioVeena and have been doing her online lessons. i have started Flex and Stretch classes  In Adelaide at The Pole Boutique and have been enjoying these and have made a lot of progress with my flexibility.

Do you have a pole at home? 
Yes I have 2 and outdoor 50mm stainless steel and a 45mm Titanium xpole in my pole studio .

How often do you pole? 
At least 4 times a week.

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole? 
I do cardio, usually on the elliptical , or treadmill, every time i go down the backyard I do a few pull-ups on the monkey bar, I also do free weights along with cardio to DVDs. I try to stretch everyday as well.

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot? 
I am definitely a barefoot girl, I find it really hard going in shoes, I am almost 6 foot tall and have never really worn high heels. Although I do love the pole dancing shoes and put them on occasionally.

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days? 
I have started to use Pole Physics, it is a beautiful product.

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole? 
I used to use Mighty Grip but for some reason that does not work for me anymore and I only ever use Dry Hands, I tried Itac 2 but I slip terribly with that and it leave residue on the pole which can be difficult to remove.

Where do you buy your pole clothes? 
Bad Kitty, Studio Veena , The Pole Dancing Shop, Pole Divas In Australia,  Pole Skivvies  and Sweet Vixen Couture, I find it hard to get the right fit I have NO BUM!! .

What is your favorite song to dance to right now? 
Definitely Eskimo Joe, How does it feel, I love dubstep too!

How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life? 
Pole has been by far one of the most difficult and challenging sports I have taken up in my life, however it has been the most rewarding both for my body shape, feelings of self esteem and  sexyness, and most of all the wonderful support I have received from friends on both youtube and StudioVeena, the pole community is so supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment