Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Power of Pole: This is Kym!

Kym is another pole sister from our Facebook group.  Here is her story!  


How long have you been pole dancing?

Well this time about 9 months. I first started years ago but stopped and started many times and this time I have progressed further than before and am really committed to it, so 9 months (that was a really long winded answer for an easy question).

What first drew you to try it?

A friend's ex-girlfriend was taking classes and we got talking about it and it sounded fun so I went along a couple times with her and fell in love straight away. :) I've always loved dance and it was something new and different to try.

Where do you take classes?

She Moves in Perth, Australia. I currently go to their Canningvale Studio.

http://www.shemoves.com.au/

Do you have a pole at home?

YES! Best $400 I ever spent. :D

How often do you pole?

A couple times a week. I take 1 pole class and a flex class a week and I usually pole at home on a Saturday night.

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole?

I go to my gym on a regular basis and I take a Body Sculpting class there which is really good for building strength. I usually do a 2-3 sessions on my own of cardio and weights on top of that. :)

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot?

Barefoot! I can barely walk in heels let alone dance! although I do have a shoe fetish and spend a lot of time drooling over shoes I could never wear. :*(

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days?
At the moment I don't, I just let it be all scaley. :) Its more out of laziness than anything.

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?

Titegrip. I have Mightgrip too which is good but I have a static pole and I can't spin with Mightgrip on but Titegrip is grippy but I can still spin. :)

Where do you buy your pole clothes?

Most of my tops or Lorna Jane singlets, shorts I bought from my studio but I am saving to get some Pole Skivvies online because I've heard they are really good and I'm finding my shorts are getting a little saggy. :(

What is your favorite song to dance to right now?

Um, I don't really have a favourite 'song'. I dance a lot to drum N bass and dubstep at the moment so a lot of Pendulum, skrillex, Knife Party, ShockOne and then some random stuff. When I practise on Saturdays I listen to a radio program called "MIXUP" and Triple J, its hour long dj sets and they are usually really great. :)

How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life?

Besides that I am now fitter and stronger physically than I have ever been, pole is the glue that has been holding me together for the last 9 months! I started back up when I left my husband after being together for 11 years. I was totally shattered and didn't know who I was as I had built my whole adult identity around being a wife, so it was very difficult at times just to get through. Pole gave me focus, goals, it makes me feel good about myself, I feel sexy and attractive, I'm happy and confident, WAY more outgoing than I used to be. :D I've met some amazing women and shared a lot of laughs. It's nice to having something that's just me without the history of my marriage to build up my identity and even on the crappy days I still love my life and pole has a lot to do with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment