Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My first aerial silks series is over

I had my first taste of aerial silks in September when I did a workshop with Sarah Starlight.  Rita and I then started a four week series at Twirly Girls in November.  You can read my post after the first class HERE.

We have officially finished our first month-long series (and have actually started our second).  I am still working on my core and upper body strength.  It's funny.  I feel like I got stronger every single class.  At the same time, I feel like I got worse at some moves (like climbing).  But I still really enjoy challenging myself and trying something new. 

Like with pole dancing, I feel completely out of my element but I love being slightly uncomfortable.  I am not loving the bruises on my hips bones and the missing skin on my feet.  I appreciate that Sarah is so supportive of me and allows me to move along at my own pace.  She does push me and challenge me but understands my limitations.  I am looking forward to learning even more this month!








*Day 2 of 30 day blogging challenge*

No comments:

Post a Comment