Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Pole Spin Magazine: Pole Dance is for EveryBODY

http://polespinmag.com/welcome/2012/06/lori/


When I tell people that I pole dance, their raised eyebrow is not a reaction to the whole “stripper thing.”  It is usually to give me the once over as they ponder out loud how I could possibly be a pole dancer.  You see, at six feet tall and over 200 pounds, I am not your average pole dancer.  Or so I thought.

Facebook has provided me with a wealth of information about what the “average” pole dancer looks like.  She is tall or short; thin or not; has long hair or short; light skin or dark.  In fact, the average pole dancer isn’t even female anymore.  More and more men are joining their pole dancing sisters in the studio.  You see, there is no average pole dancer.  We are professionals, students and soccer moms (or dads).  Some of us dance for fun and others dance for a living.  Our age range spans decades.  I have seen videos online of dancers as young as nine-years-old and as old as 70.  My own pole dance instructor, Bel Jeremiah, is an energetic 60 years young.

...

Read the rest of the article at  http://polespinmag.com/welcome/2012/06/lori/

No comments:

Post a Comment