Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

January Blog Hop: Pole Goals

It is Blog Hop time again!  This month, we are talking about pole goals.  If you want to read about how other pole bloggers are setting goals for 2013, visit this link HERE.

So for those who have been watching my meltdown about my weight and life, you might be wondering if I will be setting any pole goals.  AHHHH the pressure!!  Tell people I'm GOING to do something, then face humiliation when it doesn't happen.  Well, I've been telling people for three years that I would be inverting on a regular basis within the year and it hasn't happened yet.  I haven't melted into the ground with embarrassment.  I consider inverting more of a work in progress than a goal I will realize very soon.

So which realistic goals can I set for myself?  

First, my goal is to make it to at least one weekly class to learn.  I teach on Mondays but I can't be a good teacher if I'm not learning new moves myself.  When I got this new job in San Francisco, it kind of took away from me taking my Wednesday class.  But I am making the effort to go to class on Saturdays and may actually hit up the Thursday night class every once in awhile.  

Second, my goal is to continue working on my flow and dance techniques.  It is quite possible I will never be a trickster.  But that doesn't mean I can't bust out a beautiful routine that might make people cry.  My handstands usually attract an "ahhhh" or two.  So, I want to learn new ways to incorporate those into my routines so that I don't become stale.  

Third, my goal is to stay on track with an exercise program to gain strength.  My yoga class is a pretty good one (which is helping with strength AND flexibility).  And I have been holding plank every morning before work.  The stronger my core gets, the better chance I will have of actualizing the dream of inverting regularly.  

I don't want to overwhelm myself, so those are my three goals for this year.  I don't do New Years Resolutions, so these goals will have to suffice. 

Have you set any pole goals?  I'd love to hear yours!


1 comment:

  1. last year my goal was to perform in public. check!
    this year my goal is to compete - and be happy with the results regardless.

    ReplyDelete