Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Biggest Fear...Pole Dancing in Public

This weekend I face my biggest fear (well, fourth biggest fear, somewhere behind being buried alive, falling out of a rollercoaster or my car falling into a river)....  I am performing in public.  What?!, you say!  This can't be my first public performance!  Well, I guess not.  But my previous performances have all been at Twirly Girls, amongst friends who love and support me.  This weekend, I am dancing to support Robert's AIDS LifeCycle Ride, in front of friends and family and complete strangers!  It really is a first for me. 

I am well aware that I am not the best dancer (or even the 100th best dancer) in the world.  I can't do a lot of tricks.  I'm not smokin' hot sexy.  But I have been working on my flow.  And I do have a cute routine mapped out.  I have been sick, and then I went on vacation, so I haven't had as much practice as I'd like, but thank God Mama Bel teaches her Twirly Girls how to free dance.  I am really excited and really nervous.  This is actually the jumping off point to see if I might compete later this year.  We have a great line up of other local dancers performing with me.  There will be raffles and auction items.  And tipping WILL be encouraged at this event.  We also have a couple of surpises up our sleeves. 

So, if you're in the San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM, come to Club 1220 in Walnut Creek.  We will be pole dancing to raise money to fight AIDS and support Robert's AIDS LifeCycle Ride (500+ mile ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles).  If you can't attend but want to donate, HERE is his link. 

Otherwise, keep an eye out...videos and photos to come!  Wish me luck!  Please-don't-fall-on-my-face...Please-don't-fall-on-my-face...Please-don't-fall-on-my-face.


From Trick or Twirl in November 2012

From Trick or Twirl in November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment