Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Poletry in Motion: Showcase at Studio Botan

I have, of course, known about Studio Botan in San Francisco since it basically opened.  I first tweeted Sahaya, their creative director, way back in 2010 when I went to California Pole Dance Championship.  I also watched her perform at PPC last year in Los Angeles.  And, now that I'm working in San Francisco, it turns out the studio is just blocks from my office.  I have been meaning to come out to the city to see the studio, but the timing just never worked out.  However, last weekend, they had their spring showcase, including a guest performance by one of my favorite people, Natasha Wang, so I decided it was time to venture over and check it out!

What a beautiful studio.  The studio is spacious and inlcudes (I believe) six tall poles.  There is a huge window on one side (which was open for the showcase, but they normally cover during classes, for those who are shy).  Everyone was really sweet and their performances were amazing.  You can really tell a lot of work goes into the choreography of the routines.  With many performances competiting in the second annual Pacific Pole Championship (PPC) this weekend, we agreed not to publish many videos.  I did take some and may publish mine after the competition.  But Studio Botan took video of Natasha, and I thought I could at least share that.  I also got to meet Crystal Gibson in person for the first time. 

I have a co-worker who lives in the City, and she says she wants to try pole dancing, so I told her when she's ready, I will take her to Botan, since we can walk there after work. 

Check out some of the photos from the night, as well as their video of Natasha's performance.  Natasha was performing on an injured knee.  What a pro and a beautiful lady!! 

http://youtu.be/UqCOZen8mfM

Vanny, pointing out Nadia's boobs in honor of her birthday

Sayaha

Crystal Gibson...amazeballs performance...so, so intense!

Supporting my injured pole sister, Natasha Wang

My lovely pole instructor, Sean Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment